Four Sigmatic Mushroom Ground Coffee with Probiotics Review



Mushroom coffee didn't sound appetizing, but I thought I'd give it a try. Four Sigmatic makes vegan, gluten free coffee (isn't most coffee?) but also guarantees no fillers or artificial flavors. This particular blend boasts 1 billion CFU probiotics mixed with Guatemalan Arabica ground coffee, Chaga, and Turkey Tail. It also claims to promote gut health and boost the immune system.

The real question: How does it taste??


It tastes like coffee. It was bold and what I consider pretty standard for drip coffee. My husband reviewed in this video since he is a slightly more avid coffee drinker (I don't really care for drip coffee and stick to espresso). I liked it more when I added almond milk, but he said it was very good coffee plain. I also tried it through the espresso machine and it turned out pretty decent. They recommend brewing by drip method or french press, but I didn't have a french press to try it on.

I did notice that we didn't get the normal caffeine crash in the afternoon when we drank this one versus our typically coffee. As for gut health and immune system? We haven't really noticed a difference, but we both take probiotics daily. It's more expensive than regular coffee, but also has a lot more to offer than regular coffee.

Overall, I liked it OK and we will probably continue buying for occasional use, but I won't switch to drinking every day.


Embed

Comments