Java House Cold Brew Coffee Review




I recently received a sample of Java House Cold Brew Liquid Coffee Pods through CrowdTap. This is a program where they send you samples for your to review on their website. While I did get a free sample, they did not sponsor this post in any way. The video below shows my cold reaction to this product as I tried it for the first time.


Pros

The sample I was sent is actually the full size product. It came in a box of 6 liquid pods or k cups. I prepared mine using a Keurig, but you can also make this an iced coffee by combining with cold water and ice. The pod is very simple to use - just like any other K-Cup or pod coffee. I made mine with the medium cup (if you have options, I believe this is the 8oz size).

The flavor was bold and full bodied, yet it never had the bitter "coffee" taste. If you've followed me, you know I'm very VERY picky about the coffee I drink as I never thought I liked the taste before trying European coffee. I think this has to do with the preparation of the coffee as well as how the beans are roasted. The cold brew coffee was incredibly smooth and reminiscent of a black tea rather than your typical bitter black coffee. In fact, I was able to drink it black (which I never do). It also doesn't seem to get thick when it cools as some other home brews do.

I hope to try it as an iced coffee in the future, but as we are still in the midst of winter, I will stick to steaming hot coffee.

Cons

I didn't have much bad to say about this one. The only con I can find is the price tag. Coming in at $1/cup seems a bit expensive for my habits. This is still only a fraction of the price of purchasing cold brew coffee in an establishment, or really a lot cheaper than purchasing any type of coffee away from home. If you are a coffee addict and trying to cut back on spending by making your coffee at home, I think these pods would be one of your best options! I am just extremely thrifty and $1 is nearly what I spend on all of my food in a day.

The pods seem very sturdy, but I could see if you dropped or punctured one while transporting there would be a mess. I also still have to throw out there, that these pods do create a lot of waste. Though again, if you are buying drinks at a coffee shop that come with stir sticks or straws, these are still a way better alternative.

Overall

A+++  ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I would recommend to everyone. This is a great coffee for those that don't usually enjoy the flavor of coffee, but also is a treat for everyday drinkers as well. The price, while expensive for me, is very affordable compared to buying coffee at a shop or restaurant. It goes down smoothly and doesn't leave any bitter aftertaste. This is a must try for coffee drinkers and I will be putting this on my wish list going forward. 

Comments