RX Vanilla Almond Nut Butter Review



I recently received a sample of RX Nut Butter through PinchMe. This is a program where they send you samples for your to review. This wasn't sponsored in any way, just that I got a free sample. The video above show my cold reaction to this product as I tried it for the first time.


Pros

The sample I was sent is actually the full size product. They sell these in boxes of packets. It was a perfect serving size for eating with bread or with an apple. The packet was easy to open, but not as easy to capture 100% of the product without cutting open the packet further.

The consistency and texture were great. It was nice that this butter had more moisture than peanut butter making it easier to spread and less drying when eating with bread. It spread very easily and had a very light scent.

I loved that it had a very simple ingredient list and no preservatives!! This made for a very healthy snack and ended up being very filling. It kept be full for some time as well since it is fairly high in protein.


Cons

There wasn't much flavor with this nut butter. I was expecting a fair amount of Vanilla flavor as it was labeled Vanilla Almond and I couldn't taste any vanilla. In fact, I couldn't taste much almond either. I did have my husband taste after the video as well to make sure I wasn't having an off day with my taste buds. That made this less likely for me to eat as a snack and more likely to use in a recipe.

Another con to this was the price. I typically look for budget conscious foods that also offer great flavor and nutritional value. Running at around $2.20 / packet, this seems very steep for one serving. I would not purchase at this value as most of my meals don't cost this much per serving. 

Overall

This seems like it needs to be combined in a recipe as it doesn't really have a taste. It is great for protein and clean eating, but doesn't add anything as far as flavor goes. I loved the texture and consistency and would enjoy using for recipe purposes, but can't bring myself to buy based on the high price point. I cannot recommend RX Nut Butter at this point due to lack in flavor and the expensive price per serving. If it were to become more affordable I would likely recommend for use in recipes as it is very high quality and would offer a good source of protein. 

Comments